1. In Illustrator, develop a "Personal Color Wheel" based on three hues of your choice. These hues become your new "primary colors" and will mix to create secondary and tertiary colors. Below is an example:
2. In Illustrator mix shades and tints of your three hues. Below is an example:
3. Print the Color Wheel and Tint and Shade studies.
4. Plan a grid based painting in your sketchbook or in Illustrator. The final painting will be 10 in x 10 in on illustration board. Develop a planer grid structure, it may be regular or irregular. Plan which hues will go in each square or rectangle.
5. Paint the final with flat color.
Materials for Class:
1. Digital Drive with Planer Pattern Files.